1. Breitling Cockpit Chrono A13358Produced in the early 2000s, the Breitling Cockpit Chrono model bridges the gap between a technical chronograph watch and an everyday elegant sports watch. With a restrained 39mm stainless steel case paired with a tasteful brown leather strap, this Breitling Cockpit Chrono ref. A13358 watch can easily transition from relaxed office wear to active weekend gear. The engine under the hood of the Cockpit Chrono ref. A13358 is the Breitling Caliber 13 automatic movement with 42 hours of power reserve. This mechanism furnishes the watch with time, date, and chronograph functionality, all beautifully laid out on the balanced dial. There’s the trio of subdials at 6, 9, and 12 o’clock that sits alongside silver Roman numerals and a date window at 3 o’clock. The bronze hue of the dial matches the brown strap handsomely, while the oversized onion-style winding crown and four rider tabs on the bezel are famous Breitling design hallmarks.
2. Breitling Chronomat A13050.1
As Breitling’s flagship model, the Chronomat is, in fact, one of the brand’s top-selling and longest-running collections. This particular version, the Breitling Chronomat ref. A13050.1, dates to the late 1990s and features everything you would want from a high-end chronograph.
The 40mm stainless steel case is topped with a steel unidirectional rotating bezel marked to 60 units via the characteristic rider tabs. What sets this particular Chronomat apart from other versions is its brushed steel finish rather than the more common polished steel finish. Breitling dubbed this look “stealth mode.” The sleek black dial sets the stage for the three registers positioned at 6/9/12 o’clock, along with the date window at 3 o’clock. There are also the oversized Arabic numerals and tachymeter scale running around the dial, completing the dynamic face of this Breitling chronograph. To emphasize the sporty appeal of the Breitling Chronomat ref. A13050.1, the watch is outfitted with a steel link bracelet. Powering the model is the reliable COSC-certified Caliber 13 automatic movement.
3. Breitling Chrono Avenger E13360
A robust instrument, the Breitling Chrono Avenger ref. E13360 was built to withstand extreme environments and extensive use. While the Chrono Avenger sports a generous 44mm case, the watch is still lightweight thanks to the use of titanium for both the case and the bracelet.
The black dial includes the familiar chronograph layout with the trio of registers at 6, 9, and 12 o’clock, in addition to the date at 3 o’clock. The dial also offers plenty of lume to ensure optimal visibility in low light. Driving this heavy-duty Breitling chronograph is the ever-dependable Caliber 13 automatic movement. If you’re looking for a luxurious yet tough chronograph, then the Breitling Chrono Avenger is right up your alley.
4. Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II A13320
Along with pilot watches, Breitling also builds fantastic dive watches. Take for instance the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II ref. A13320 diver’s watch. This stainless steel model boasts a hefty 46mm case furnished with a blue unidirectional diver’s bezel. As its name suggests, the SuperOcean Heritage II is a subtle tribute to vintage Breitling dive watches from the late 1950s.
While the watch may draw design inspiration from Breitling watches of yesteryear—such as the retro steel mesh bracelet similar to the original design—this expansive chronograph is built with modern expectations in mind. From its 200-meter water resistance to its chronometer certified Caliber 13 automatic movement to its scratch-resistant sapphire crystal protecting the dial, the SuperOcean Heritage II ref. A13320 is perfectly at home on the modern man’s wrist. The color combination on this particular Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II ref. A13320 is especially appealing with the white dial, steel construction, and blue bezel.
5. Breitling Navitimer AB0127
No top five Breitling watches list would be complete without the famous Navitimer watch! Breitling debuted the Navitimer watch in 1952, equipped with a circular aviation slide rule to allow pilots to compute complex calculations while in flight. Since then, the Breitling Navitimer has remained a favorite chronograph watch among professional pilots and the general population. Characterized by a highly technical dial, the Navitimer is one of Breitling’s most recognizable timepieces.
The Breitling Navitimer ref. AB0127 is a modern iteration of the legendary pilot’s chronograph. It dons a 46mm stainless steel case, black dial, and contrasting silver registers. Unlike the other chronograph models listed above, the subdials on the Navitimer are positioned in the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock layout. There’s also a date window discreetly tucked away in between 4 and 5 o’clock. At the heart of the Navitimer ref. AB0127 chronograph is the in-house Breitling 01 Manufacture automatic chronograph movement with an impressive 70 hours of power reserve Underlining the sporty elegance of the Navitimer watch is the classic black leather strap. Iconic in both design and technical skill, the Navitimer is most certainly one of the best Breitling watches to own right now. Whether you’re on the hunt for a vintage inspired chronograph, a sleek modern chronograph, or a legendary chronograph flaunting plenty of history, Breitling is the master of luxury chronograph watches.